Tuesday, 4 August 2026

My Star Wars Journal Entry #2

 Hey everyone, I'm back with today's update. It's not a huge one because I didn't read as many chapters of The Princess and the Scoundrel last night as I thought I was going to. I won't go into details, but I got some news about people I used to know in middle school and high school, so I just wasn't up for reading as much last night. I think I'm also not going to do this every day either. Maybe every other day. Especially because I won't be watching The Clone Wars tomorrow night or Thursday night because of The VHS Club Podcast, and this week's episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Let's get into it.


I only ended up reading two chapters last night before bed. Not much happened. Just Han and Leia getting ready for their wedding on Endor. I think I said this in yesterday's journal entry, but Beth Revis does a really good job at writing these characters. You're in their heads and you feel things as they feel them. I also like that this book takes its time to get Han and Leia to where they need to be for their trip on the Halcyon. Back in 1994, Dave Wolverton wrote The Courtship of Princess Leia and in that book, Leia and Han's wedding wasn't even shown onscreen. It began on the last page of the book, and we never saw it. Star Wars has very good world building and even though it's been around for nearly 50 years, it's a franchise that always gives us new storie. So I'm glad the authors are allowed to give us that time with the characters, while not giving up the fast paced action that Star Wars is known for.


I feel like that attention to character development began here with season 1 of The Clone Wars. It was the first modern Star Wars TV show that was allowed to give us stories that are very character focused and built upon the world George Lucas created in the movies. Of the four episodes I watched last night, my favourite is "Bombad Jedi", which is a Jar Jar Binks and Padme Amidala focused episode. With some C-3PO antics thrown in for good measure. I thought it was especially cool that Ahmed Best had reprised his role as the voice of Jar Jar in this episode (and in any other episode he appears in). The two part Droid episode was also really good. 

Like I said, not much to update on because I really didn't read as much as I thought I was going to. I might watch something else tonight, so there won't be an update on the TV show tomorrow, but we'll see. May the Force be with you everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Star Wars Journal Entry #2

 Hey everyone, I'm back with today's update. It's not a huge one because I didn't read as many chapters of The Princess and ...